Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada
M.A.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Carleton University, Canada
B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (Communications & Electronics), Beirut Arab University, Lebanon
Hardware/Software Applications for Internet of Things, Wireless Sensor Networks, Publish/Subscribe Systems, FPGA, ASIC, Digital Design Techniques, Embedded Systems, VLSI, and Reconfigurable Hardware
Publications in Refereed Journals:
- F. El-Hassan and D. Ionescu, “Design and Implementation of a Hardware Versatile Publish-Subscribe Architecture for the Internet of Things,” IEEE Access, Vol. 6, Pages: 31872 – 31890, June 2018.
- F. El-Hassan and D. Ionescu, “SCBXP: An Efficient CAM-Based XML Parsing Technique in Hardware Environments,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 22, No. 11, November 2011.
- F. El-Hassan, A. Matrawy, N. Seddigh, and B. Nandy, “An Experimental Approach to Network Monitoring Using Quantitative Security Metrics,” Journal of Information Assurance and Security, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2011.
Selected Publications in Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- F. El-Hassan and D. Ionescu, “A Hardware Architecture of an XML/XPATH Broker for Content-Based Publish/Subscribe Systems,” (ReConFig’10), IEEE, Cancun, Mexico, December 2010.
- F. El-Hassan and D. Ionescu, “SCBXP: An Efficient Hardware-Based XML Parsing Technique”, 5th Southern Programmable Logic Conference (SPL'09), IEEE, São Carlos, Brazil, April 2009.
- F. El-Hassan, R. Peterkin, M. Abou-Gabal, and D. Ionescu, “A High-Performance Architecture of an XML Processor For SIP-based Presence,” 6th International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (ITNG’09), IEEE, Las Vegas, USA, April 2009.
- F. El-Hassan, A. Matrawy, N. Seddigh, and B. Nandy, “Experimental Evaluation of Network Security through a Hierarchical Quantitative Metrics Model,” CNIS 2006, IASTED, MA, USA, October 2006.
- R. Peterkin, F. El-Hassan, and D. Ionescu, “A Reconfigurable Architecture for IP Multimedia Subsystem Session Setup”, IEEE International Joint Conferences on Computational Cybernetics and Technical Informatics (ICCC-CONTI 2010), IEEE, Timisoara, Romania, May 2010.
- R. Peterkin, M. Abou-Gabal, F. El-Hassan, and D. Ionescu, “Hardware Implementation of Session Initiation Protocol Servers and Clients”, 14th (ISCC 2009), IEEE, Sousse, Tunisia, July 2009.
Digital Logic Design, Digital Systems Design, Computer Network Protocols, Cryptography and Computer Network Security, Physics II, Computer Ethics, VLSI, and Computer Architecture.
IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Communication Society
Ontario Society of Professional Engineers