1. Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Computational Mechanics, Purdue University
2. M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
3. B.S. in Structural Engineering: Jordan University of Science & Technology (JUST)
- Structural and Finite Element Analysis
- Contact Formulation and Computational Mechanics
- Seismic Design
- Mechanical Properties and Durability of Concrete
- Layla Amaireh, Rajai AL-Rousan, Ayman Ababneh, and Mohammad Alhassan, “Integration of CFRP Strips as an Internal Shear Reinforcement in Reinforced Concrete Beams,” Structures, Vol. 23, February 2020, pp. 13-19.
- Layla Amaireh and Ahmad Al-Tamimi, “Optimum Configuration of CFRP Composites for Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Beams Considering the Contact Constraint," Procedia Manufacturing, Elsevier, Volume 44, June, 2020, pp. 350-357
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal, “Coupling non-matching finite element discretizations in small-deformation inelasticity: Numerical integration of interface variables,” Coupled Systems Mechanics, Vol. 8, No. 1, January 2019, pp. 71-93.
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal, “The stick-slip decomposition method for modeling large deformation Coulomb frictional contact,” Coupled Systems Mechanics, Vol. 7, No. 5, 2018, pp. 583-610.
- Mohammad Alhassan, Rajai Al-Rousan, Layla Amaireh, and Muneer Barfed “Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of B-C Connections: Influence of the Column Axial Load, JacketThickness, and Fiber Dosage,” Structures, Volume 16, November 2018, pp. 50-62.
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal, “Extension of the Enriched Discontinuous Galerkin Approach for Frictional Contact Involving Non-conforming Meshes with Plasticity,” Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering (JJCE), Volume 12, No. 4, 2018, pp. 547-557.
- Mohammad Alhassan, Suleiman Ashur, and Layla Amaireh, “Impact of Reducing the Latex Content in LMC Bridge Deck Overlays,” Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology (JMEST), Vol. 2, No. 2, February 2015, pp. 66-69.
- Ghadir Haikal, Keith Hjelmstad, and Layla Amaireh, “A Nonlinear Interface Formulation for Coupling of Non-conforming Meshes – Part I Hyperelasticity,” In Preparation.
- Layla Amaireh, Ghadir Haikal, and Keith Hjelmstad, “A Nonlinear Interface Formulation for Coupling of Non-conforming Meshes – Part II Plasticity,” In Preparation.
- Layla Amaireh and Ahmad Al-Tamimi, “Optimum Configuration of CFRP Composites for Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Beams Considering the Contact Constraint," 1st International Conference on Optimization Driven Architectural Design (OptArch2019), November 5-7, 2019, Amman, Jordan.
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal “Frictional Contact Formulation with Geometric and Materials Nonlinearities,” The 7th International Conference on Computational Methods (ICCM2016) August 1-4, 2016, Berkeley University, California.
- Mohammad Alhassan, Jacob Baily, Jeremy Hoffman, Jerry Brown, and Layla Amaireh, “Shear Behavior of NWC and LWC Beams Comprising Structural Synthetic Fibers,” Presented and Published in the Proceedings of the International Conference on Infrastructure Management, Assessment and Rehabilitation Techniques (ICIMART’16), The American University of Sharjah (AUS), UAE, March 8-10, 2016, pp. 109-119.
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal “On the Numerical Treatment of Fine-Scale Interface Variables in Multi-Scale Interface Formulation,” 13th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics, US Association of Computational Mechanics (USACM), July 26-30, 2015, San Diego, California.
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal, “Computational Aspects of Modeling Coulomb Frictional Contact in The Presence of Large Deformations,” 15th Pan American Congress of Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, May 18-21, 2015.
- Layla Amaireh and Ghadir Haikal, “A nonlinear interface formulation for soil-structure interaction systems,” Society of Engineering Science Annual Technical Meeting, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, October 1-3, 2014.
- Layla Amaireh, “Soil-Structure Interaction,” Presented at the Computational Mechanics Workshop, Organized by the School of Civil Engineering, Purdue, October 15, 2013.
- Associate Professor of Civil Engineering: Al Ain University, 9/2020 – current.
- Associate Professor of Civil Engineering: Applied Science University, 12/2019 – 9/2020.
- Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering: Applied Science University, 9/2014 –12/2019.
- Teaching Assistant during my Ph.D. study at Purdue University Spring 2012 & Fall 2013.
- Graduate Assistant during my M.S. study at UIC for the Spring 2006 semester.
- Teaching Assistant during my M.S. study at JUST for the Fall 2003 and Spring 2004
- Structural Engineer Intern from July 2001 to July 2002 at the Greater Irbid Municipality.
- Structural Analysis 1
- Structural Analysis 2
- Earthquake Engineering
- Reinforced Concrete I
- Bridge Engineering
- Introductory Structural Mechanics
- Creativity and Innovation in Engineering Design I
- Jordanian Engineers Association