IEEE is one the largest professional societies in the world dedicated to the support of technological innovation and distinction through conferences, scientific publications, technology standards, as well as educational and scientific activities.
AAU IEEE Student Branch was established in 2013 and is currently being led by a committed team of students and faculty from the programs of Networks and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity and Computer Science. The main purpose of the AUU IEEE Student Branch is to give students the opportunity to be a part of professional community, get exposed to the technological advancement and educational aspects occurring in the UAE and worldwide.
AAU IEEE Student Branch represents a great opportunity for the students in the College of Engineering to:
- Improve their professional networks, communication and management skills, committee experience, etc.
- Develop their professional identity in IEEE's designated fields of interest: sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Make global connections with people who can help them along their targeted career path through IEEE's national and international communities of members and volunteers.
Students of the AAU IEEE Student Branch conduct the following activities:
- Formulate technical workshops and competitions
- Regulate professional networking through participation in technical events, international conferences and seminars
- Participate in international and local competitions and enhance the technical knowledge and skills of students
- Coordinate with and organize trips to corporations in related fields.
- Encourage IEEE student members to connect with local IEEE Sections, share individual benefits and gain volunteering skills.