Tarik Elamsy received his Master's and PH.D. Degrees in Computer Science from the University of Windsor, Canadain 2014. He worked as a researcher for the Internation Border Lab at the University of Windsor. He joined Al Ain University in 2016 as an Assistant Professor for the College of Engineering. His research interest includes Computer Vision, image recognition, 3D reconstruction, Bioinformatics, and Artificial Intelligence.
Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
M.Sc. Computer Science, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
B.Sc. Computer Science , University of Ajman of Science & Technology, UAE.
Computer Vision, 3D Reconstruction, Camera Calibration, Video-Surveillance, Augmented Reality, Wireless Sensor Networks.
- T. Elamsy, A. Habed, and B. Boufama. "Self-calibration of stationary nonrotating zooming cameras". Image and Vision Computing, 32, no.3:212-226, 2014.
- T. Elamsy, A. Habed, B. Boufama. "Parallel planes Identification using uncalibrated zooming cameras". Computer and Robot Vision (CRV), 2013 International Conference on, pp.174-180, 2013.
- T. Elamsy, A. Habed, B. Boufama. "A new method for linear affine self-calibration of stationary zooming stereo cameras". Image Processing (ICIP), 2012 19th IEEE International Conference on, pp.353-356, 2012.
- Habed, T. Elamsy, B. Boufama. "Combining mendonça-cipolla self-calibration and scene constraints". Advances in Image and Video Technology. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 168-179, 2012.
- T. Elamsy and R. El-Marakby. "Flooding Zone Control Protocol (FZCP): enhancing the reliability of real-time multimedia delivery in WSNs". Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT), 2009 IEEE International Symposium on, pp.451-456, 2009.
- T. Elamsy and R. El-Marakby. "Flooding Zone Initialization Protocol (FZIP): Enabling efficient multimedia diffusion for multi-hop wireless networks". IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, pp.1056-1061, 2008.
- Z. Lichun, R. Kent, A. Aggarwal, P. Viranthi, Q. Rahman, T. Elamsy, O. Ejelike. "Construction of a Webportal and User Management Framework for Grid". High Performance Computing Systems and Applications, 21st International Symposium on, pp. 14-21, 2007.
- Boufama B., Elamsy T., Habed A., "Three-dimensional Metric Reconstruction Using Uncalibrated Zooming Images: a Practical Solution". In Proceedings of the 10th Asian Control Conference (ASCC 2015), Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, May 31 - June 3, 2015
- Shafiq Ahmad, B. Boufama, P. Habashi, W. Anderson, T. Elamsy: Automatic license plate recognition: A comparative study. ISSPIT 2015: 635-640
- Data Structure.
- Computer Ethics.
- Computer Graphic.s
- Discrete Structure.
- Object-Oriented Programming.
- Web Development.
- Artificial Intelligence.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all.
This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
Evaluation of the difference between verification and validation of software and analyzing the significance among both
Published in: ICIC Express Letters, Part B: Applications
Sep 01, 2019
Applying data mining techniques to ground level ozone (O3) data in UAE: A case study
Published in: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 858, pp. 319-328
Jan 01, 2019
Automatic license plate recognition: A comparative study
Published in: 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, ISSPIT 2015 7394415, pp. 635-64
Feb 01, 2016
Self-calibration of stationary non-rotating zooming cameras
Published in: Image and Vision Computing 32(3), pp. 212-226
Jan 01, 2014