Software Engineering Research Group
College of Engineering, Building E
Al Ain University
P.O. Box: 64141, Al Ain, UAE
Phone: (+971) 3 7024888
Fax: (+971) 3 7024777
The mission of Software Engineering Group is to foster a collaborative research environment and to bridge the gap between research in the field of software engineering and its practical implementations in the real world. The group aims to produce quality research through active collaboration among researchers from diverse and multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Currently the group is primarily involved in rigorous research in fundamental software engineering areas including; requirements engineering, software design and modelling, scalability issues of large and complex systems, software cost-estimation, quality assurance and novel techniques for developing web-based applications. The group members also supervise students who are actively involved in research activities to incorporate novel and innovative methods and techniques.
- Database system performance; Knowledge engineering and data mining techniques
- Software Design and Modelling techniques
- Aspect-Oriented, Agent-Oriented and Agile methodologies
- Software Quality Assurance and Cost Estimation techniques
- Big data in the cloud
- Internet of things
- MA. Alghobiri, HU. Khan HU, TA. Malik TA, and S. Iqbal, “A comprehensive framework for the semantic cache systems”, International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 3(10): 72-78, 2016.
- A. Odeh, “Software Effort and Cost Estimation using Software Requirement Specification”, IJCEM International Journal of Computational Engineering & Management, Vol. 18 Issue 1ISSN (Online): 2230-7893, January 2015.
- S. Mohammad, P. Martin, and W. Powley, “Index Structures for XML Data”, International Journal of Information Engineering, Vol 3, No2, 2013.
- A. Odeh, “Recruiting Quality Software Developers”, WULFENIA Journal, Vol. 20, No. 5, USA, 2013
- A. Odeh, “System for Measuring Source Code Quality Assurance”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol. 60, No. 8, USA, December 2012.
- S. Mohammad and P. Martin, “LTIX: A Compact Level-based Tree to Index XML Databases”, International database Engineering and Applications Symposium , IDEAS 2010, Montreal, Canada, August 2010.